RE: Survey: Joint/Ladder Reinf in Masonry

Where minimum wall reinforcement is required in codes, they typically
require either prefabricated joint reinforcement at 16-inch vertical spacing
or rebar at maximum 48-inch vertical spacing. For partially grouted walls, I
typically use prefabricated joint reinforcement to avoid numerous bond beams
in the wall. For fully grouted masonry, I typically use rebar at 4-ft max
since it has to be fully grouted anyway. But I have sometimes used bond
beams at 4-ft on center in partially grouted walls where they can also be
used as lintel beams over windows and doors.