Re: Slip-Critical Connections in Stainless Steel

David,

Thanks for the very informative reply.

I'm in the preliminary design phase for two very different alternatives for solving the support of a historic stone roof.  One alternative is a post-tensioned concrete dome structure; the other is a stainless steel rib-arch structure.  For the stainless steel structure, much of which will be welded, there are some field connections for which I'm going to need to decide between field welds and bolts for seismic load resisting connections.  I'm interested in learning more about the S/S DTI's your firm does have.  I'm not committed to a particular bolt size yet.

Nels

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA