Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sec 1815 UBC (slabs subject to expansive soils)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Sec 1815 UBC (slabs subject to expansive soils)
- From: LEDSTRUCTURES(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:00:14 EST
Regarding the design of slabs subject to expansive soils: Section 1815 of the UBC requires a series of beams provided in conjuction with the slab to help resist the expansion of the soil. I have heard two different opinions about what this design calls for. #1 ) The beams are actually control joints that allow the slab to crack at predetermined locations. "or" #2) the beams are infact concrete beams that stiffen the slab similiar to the waffle design. I realize the code is pretty explicite on an actual beam design. But I what to make sure I'm using proper procedure. Can anyone provide asome comments?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Season's Greetings
- Next by Subject: RE: Sec 1815 UBC (slabs subject to expansive soils)
- Previous by thread: Re: Drilled Pier Reinforcing
- Next by thread: RE: Sec 1815 UBC (slabs subject to expansive soils)