RE: Engineering Education & Professional Practice

Thanks Desi. These stories/experiences should encourage those of us
interested in this subject.

You've identified a component of this problem. I'd suggest we (professional
offices) are the other with the student left in the middle.

> But times have changed and the avenues of communications have been
> enriched and in general
> the academic community is receptive to new and good ideas.  (On-line
> education, the use of the Internet,
> Extranet and Intranet, invitation to classes of guest speakers from the
> Industry etc.)
>
> Hope this helps,

Indeed it does. These are important tools. I also think we need a little
more "face-to-face" exposure to university policy-making.

Barry H. Welliver