Re: Engineering Education & Professional Pra

>Some  universities try to prepare students for productive employment in the
>real  world  by  employing  practicing  engineers  to  teach the real world
>"design" classes.
My own experience is that the best real world training comes from
co-operative programs. There's absolutely no better way tolearn about the
day-to-day practice of engineering than helping out around an real design
office. It made a huge difference in my attitude toward classes, made me
a little money, and gave me a view of what I'd be doing once I got out of
school. It took me an extra year to graduate, but I got better job offers
from better employers. Compared to co-op experience (even including all
the shit work I did)  my 'design' courses were just playing around.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw