From: dmorrow(--nospam--at)swensonsayfaget.com [mailto:dmorrow(--nospam--at)swensonsayfaget.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 2:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PSL Beam creep

Has anyone had problems with PSL beams creeping (deflecting) when they are
wet or have elevated moisture contents?  I have a wet PSL beam which has
deflected 4x what it should be deflecting given the load conditions.  The
beam is wet (as is most of the other framing) because the contractor didn't
close-in the structure during recent heavy rains and winds.  The contractor
is saying the beam is under-sized.  PSL material seems more prone to
strength loss when wet and it seems to wick water more than standard lumber.
Any experiences or thoughts.
TIA

Dan Morrow
Swenson Say Fagét