RE: Comfortable natural frequency

>I am designing a large span waffle-slab
>type floor which will be used as
>a super market.
>Is there a guide-line on calculating
>the natural period of floors (I am
>doing it from first principle and
>it comes to T=0.5 seconds) and a guide
>line on what range of first mode is acceptable?

Although it was written with steel-framed floors in mind, the information in
the AISC Design Guide Floor Vibrations Due to Human Activitiy may be useful
to you. Certainly the occupant comfort portions will be. And I think you'll
be able to adapt the theory from steel to concrete.

https://www.aisc.org/publications/shop.asp?action=displayitem&show=one&id=21
1

Charlie