RE: Freezer building - thermal break

For both Coolers and Freezers, typically underfloor rigid insulation is used beneath the wear slab.  For Freezers, underfloor heat (either electrical or glycol) will be required.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Richardson [mailto:h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 4:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Freezer building - thermal break

Daniel,

        Please excuse me if I offer some unwanted advice; don't overlook the
effect of freezing the ground under the freezer building.  If you have a
frost susceptible soil, like clay, a permafrost buildup can cause enough
differential movement of the foundations to destroy the building unless
you do something to prevent this.

                                Regards,

                                H. Daryl Richardson

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org