Roof truss connectors

I am designing a masonry building with a gable roof made up of cold form roof trusses. The roof pitch is 5/12 and roof deck acts as a diaphragm to distribute the loads to the end walls. The code is ASCE7-95.

I am concerned about the connectors between the truss and the wall. The truss mfr has submitted a load summary sheet from his in-house program which shows lateral loads as high as 1500lb from roof trusses. The trusses are classified as component and cladding.

I believe there should be no lateral loads if the truss is treated as a component. To obtain lateral load I claculated the pressures using MWRS. When wind is perpendicular there is suction on both sides (no net lateral pressure) and only 400lb lateral when wind is parallel.

I expalined this to the truss mfr but he claims that nobody has raised this issue before.

Also when I claculate the the net lateral from the roof and the walls do I evenly distribute that load to the connector at each end of truss.