RE: Requiring soils reports

Here in Colorado, Usually I like to have the Geothech Report first, But As
one of this forum said, The client is usually in hurry, I usally assume Max
Bearing 1500 psf and Minimum 500 psf. But when It is just a small addition
to a residential building, I assume 1500/500psf, since the client can not
usually justify why to have a geothechnical investigation since it is just
for small part of the house.

Ahcene Djebli, Structural Eng.
Terracon,
Fort Collins, CO