From: Dennis Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 3:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Engineering Education & Professional Practice

Sharon,
I think you misunderstood my comment - I was not criticizing CP -
especially knowing the caliber of instructors like Paul Frattessa (sorry
about the spelling) and others who I converse with regularly on the List
and off. In fact, as an instructor for a Community College, our program
is set up to prepare students specifically to enter Cal-Poly.
I still feel that the school is not nearly as Theoretical in content as
UCLA. This is not a reflection on the instructor, but a practical choice
of the school intending to prepare students to enter the workforce as a
priority to seeking advanced degrees or entering R&D.

This supports my comments that the student needs to understand what the
school expects to prepare them for rather than choosing an institution
by reputation or name alone.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer

Website: