RE: Q: COMPRESSION Force On Anchor Bolts/Rods

I failed to mention that I use threaded rod.

Also, it may not be correct to say that smooth rods do
not have any bond capacity. After all, prior to the
advent of deformed bars, smooth bars were used. I
recall my college course in reinforced concrete where
there were formulas for anchorage bond stress and
local bond stress.

Rajendran