From: David L. Fisher [mailto:dfisher(--nospam--at)fplushse.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 4:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Requiring soils reports

Ladies and Gentlemen:

In Chicago, it depends on:

* the size and scope of the project

* The amount of historical soil data in the area

* The number of existing similar buildings near the site

In addition to big jobs, we also do quite a number of "three and six
flats"
In infill parcels in Lincoln Park and Lakeview (near Wrigley).

3000 psf at frost level is pretty standard.

Larger projects of course warrant a complete soils investigation.

Regards,

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Senior Principal
Fisher+Horos Structural Engineers