RE: Engineering Education & Professional Practice

I'm sorry Neil,
I understand what you mean. This was the intent (particularly with
Pomona) and I'm told it is so, but If I was the instructor of the second
Static's course at Cal Poly, I would not allow these students to enter
the course. There is some politics at play, but to be honest, I am only
teaching one course two days a week and am not involved in the workings
of the program.

I expect this to change as I we are seeking a replacement for our last
Head of Architecture who is leaving for health reasons. I have been
asked to participate in the review of the curriculum and have offered to
do so. I think if the original intent was to create a "mirror image"
program - the implementation was off the expectation as related to
Static's. I can't speak for the other classes.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer

Website:
http://www.structuralist.net

Professional Forum:
http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Public Forum on Housing:
http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/yabb2/YaBB.cgi

Our Ultraboard forum will close on 12/15/2001. Please visit either the
Professional or Public Forum to register your existing or new User Name
and Password. We hope you will continue to support the Structuralist.Net
Information Infrastructure.