From: Mark Baker [mailto:shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 2:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: rho

Seems we revisit this issue every couple months in our office...

Calculating rmax for rho:

rmax is defined as "the largest of the element story shear ratios which occurs in any of the story levels AT OR BELOW the 2/3 height level of the building".

In a 2 story building, "AT OR BELOW the 2/3 height level of the building" would lead one to calculate r at 2nd floor and 1st floor.

Agree or disagree?

TIA
Mark