RE: Requiring soils reports

I do not think the issue is so much one of soil bearing, it is that some
soils are expansive, some subject to hydro-collapse some sites are on old
fill that is still settling others on old landslides still sliding, and
sulfate levels can be all over the map.  These may not be issues elsewhere
and they may be conditions of common knowledge to the local building
community but I would like to have someone write down on a piece of paper
their thoughts and advise me as to what is under our structures.

IMHO  George Richards, P. E.

-