Re:

Albert,
I work with an engineer who was licensed in the former USSR who obtained his PA license
after he emigrated, some 20 years ago.  Unfortunately, the rules have changed a bit since
then, and I don't know what kind of red tape he had to go through, so I recommend visiting
here for any insight:
http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/engbd/licensureinfo.htm
Good luck, but bear in mind that the state board is a bureaucracy, as I'm sure others are,
and goes strictly by the book.  Also, the deadline for the April 2002 exam has passed,
unless you want to try the re-examination route.  I'm not sure if that applies for
reciprocity, but you might want to consider it.

Mark Nowmos