From: mnowmos(--nospam--at)compuserve.com [mailto:mnowmos(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 11:38 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re:

Albert,
I work with an engineer who was licensed in the former USSR who obtained his
PA license
after he emigrated, some 20 years ago.  Unfortunately, the rules have
changed a bit since
then, and I don't know what kind of red tape he had to go through, so I
recommend visiting
here for any insight:
http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/engbd/licensureinfo.htm
Good luck, but bear in mind that the state board is a bureaucracy, as I'm
sure others are,
and goes strictly by the book.  Also, the deadline for the April 2002 exam
has passed,
unless you want to try the re-examination route.  I'm not sure if that
applies for
reciprocity, but you might want to consider it.

Mark Nowmos

Albert Zvarick wrote:

> Fellow engineers,
>
> I am sending this email on behalf of a colleague who works with me at
Parsons:
> He is a very experienced engineer from Canada who holds a P.E. in Quebec.
> He wants to sit for the P.E. exam in Pennsylvania, but the board insists
that
> he needs four years of local experience, despite the fact that he already
has
> a P.E. in Canada and some 15 years of work experience there. The board
also
> is requiring that he have all his original documentation from Poland
translated
> into English. He has done this once already for his P.E. in Canada (from
Polish
> to French). Naturally this could incur considerable expense. This
gentleman was
> educated in Poland originally and then later in France (at the famed Ecole
Pont
> et Chaussee). He has a wealth of engineering experience, and has worked in
> various countries around the world on some noteworthy projects (the
Hybernia oil