Re: Bridge design book recommendation

Yes, the subtitle is "aesthetics and design", and it is a tome filled with
all kinds of good stuff.  I honestly was not aware of the price, the volume
I have was a gift from my structural analysis professor and friend, Dr.
Michael Botwin at Cal Poly.  I have always wanted to design a bridge, but
have never had the opportunity.  My first employment out of school was with
a firm that specialized in hotel / high rise design and I have worked
exclusively in the architectural end of the business ever since.

I still maintain remote hope that the opportunity will arise someday, but my
firm is fairly well established in structural design for buildings.  I do
not typically pursue bridge work, having no past experience to draw upon. I
am not comfortable pursuing work outside of our expertise and experience.  I
would enjoy the opportunity to design an interesting pedestrian bridge
though.

Paul Feather