Re: Requiring soils reports

No, soils is the only thing I use the approved value for (not necessarily
the worst case). This is because on a small house addition for example,
the soil report may be equal to the arch. and engr. fee. And for $100 of
extra concrete the $2000 soil report fee can be avoided. We are talking
of level lots in a highly urban area where there are dozens of soil
reports available for adjacent lots.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA