RE: FW: Education - Math & Science Appropriations II

>I should perhaps have clarified, that the majority of PARENTS in those
>cultures do elevate learning above other pursuits. Or more precisely still,
>these kids grow up knowing that education is a precious, valuable thing in
>and of itself.
I don't think that sort of generalization is possible, anymore than we
can generalize about Federal Aid to education. Some parents value
education, some don't. Others value education but only in financial
terms, some have destructively narrow notions about what constitutes
education.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw