Salt Storage in old concrete building

I have been asked to evaluate an old cement plant storage hall which is currently being used for salt storage.  The walls are buttressed concrete with the buttresses to the inside of the building.  In the areas that I can see (most of the buttresses are covered with salt), the concrete is in fairly poor condition having been battered by crane buckets and attacked by salt.  The client requesting the evaluation would like to use the building for some other material storage.  If we uncover the existing buttresses and find that the concrete "appears" to be in good condition (which may be unlikely), what non-destructive methods are available to determine if the salt is causing problems with the steel?  Also, is there any way of treating the concrete to get any salt out before we cover it back up with a new stored material?
As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road