Re: Notch Tough Welding Metal

>What does this mean to a fabricator? Does he have order special welding
>rods to meet this requirement? Are their special welding procedures also?
The answer is basically yes to both. You need to order consumables with a
minimum Charpy impact values and you need to watch your process variables
and cleanliness. It really isn't a big deal. Measures needed to produce
high toughness welds have been well-known and proven in practice for
about 30 years.

You can check the Lincoln web page <http://www.lincolnelectric.com/> for
particulars on procedures and consumables. If it were my fabricator and
he didn't know about such matters, I'd probably find another fabricator.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw