RE: IBC 2000 Seismic maps

Barry Welliver wrote:

. > I have this also, but the files are pdf format and we were looking for
. > something over which we could lay a county and possible street map.

IMO, when your spectral accelerations are dependent on the street where you
live, or what your zip code is, they are too precise to have any accuracy!

Even the lines on the seismic zone maps in the UBC showing the boundaries of
the seismic zones are probably at least 10 miles wide so any place near the
boundary can easily be on either side of the boundary.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona