Foundation investigation

I posted the following message late last night and have not received any
response. I'd like to try it again.

I have been asked to evaluate a foundation system of an old commercial
building (10 to 12 story high) built in the 20s or 30s. I suspect that the
building is supported by some kind of deep foundation system. Can anyone
tell me if there is a way to "map" the building foundation components?

Robert Chou S.E.