Re: ASD vLRFD

This is a good point.  A lot of times serviceability and / or deflection will be
a primary design concern.  The only time I use LRFD is when strength is an
issue.  As an aside, how many engineers are specifing A992 steel nowadays?  Just
curious, I would like to see if this standard emboldened other engineers to
design based on 50 ksi yield?
Mark Nowmos