RE: Increase of f'c over time

Thank your Lucas.

I have the McGregor book and have looked at that formula.  I cannot be sure,
but I believe that this formula is for relatively short periods of time.
The grad school professor I spoke of has been on several ACI committies and
has performed dozens of research projects in conjunction with ACI and other
clients over a period of about 35 years.  (Ed Burdette, maybe some of you
have heard of him.)  He has seen core samples of 50 and 60 year old
structures in which f'c did double, assuming the concrete was poured at the
design document required strength.  This is the order of magnitude period at
which I am looking.

I worked construction for several years before going back to school.  I once
had to jack hammer out a 45 year old gas station pump island.  It took me
all day long, and compared to fairly new concrete, which I have also jack
hammered, it was a whole lot harder.