Re: Excavating close to a building

Michael,

	There is one thing you could consider: there is a product which I have
heard of under a variety of names; these include "flowable fill" and
"non compressible fill".  The material is, in fact, 500 p.s.i. to 800
p.s.i. concrete.  The material is removable with excavation equipment if
required; and, for some installations, it is actually less expensive
than placing and compacting regular fill.

	You might be able to convince them to use this, particularly if you are
willing to share the cost.

				Best regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson