From: Drew Randolph [mailto:drewr(--nospam--at)tetercon.com]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 9:17 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Cc: Les Davis
Subject: Tilt Up Pier "Hoop" requirements

Regarding transverse (shear) reinforcing in shear piers in Tilt up walls,
I've read in the Tilt Up Design and Construction Manuel by Hugh Brooks that,
"Transverse shear reinforcing must be hoops, unless the factored axial
stress is less than 0.05fc' ".  (Fifth Edition, p. 9-38).  Is this
requirement referenced anywhere in the 1997 UBC?

Thanks,
Drew