Happy Holidays and Good Humor to all!

The following joke appeared in our local newspaper under an Associated Press article; “Scientific Study in Britain determines ‘world’s funniest joke’” by Polly Stewart. I liked this one so much that I apologize in advance for having to share it with you. I know we don’t allow jokes (the last engineer who left with a laugh is still in exile). So take it in the nature I intended and hope it helps to life the spirits of those that need it.

“Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go camping, and pitch their tent under the stars. During the night, Holmes wakes his companion and says: ‘Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce.’

Watson says: ‘I see millions of stars, and even if a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like Earth, and if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life.’

Holmes replies: ‘Watson, you idiot! Somebody stole our tent.’”

I needed to end this year on good humor. I hope this one brought up a well deserved laugh – I know it worked for me.

Happy Holidays to all.

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Website: