Re: Excavating close to a building

We have been able to use "Controlled Density Fill" in Washington, and
California. At industrial facilities where below grade work is fit
into above grade operations in is essential to be able to excavate and
placeback fill on a tight and controlled schedule. Also, where the
excavated material may be "contaminated" and/or require additional
handling/processing we have used the "CDF". The strengths are for 1/4
sack and 1/2 sack of Portland cement per cubic yard. my preferene is
for the lowest permitted or specified.  Relative low yields of 50 to
300 psi are developed. Have the vibrators available and in minimal use
particularly around utility piping. The replacement pavement, slab,
cover may be placed within eight hours or less depending upon setup
time. Admixtures are alos available.

Quo Vadis?
Pax e Gratia
Bob Ross
Robert P. Ross, P.E.
Civil-Structural Engineer Project Manager
Washington Group International,Inc.
Industrial Processes
17320 Red Hill, Suite 300
Irvine, Ca. 92614