Fire protection - Tilt-up buildings

Here in Brasil, according to our codes, the steel roof of a building does not
need fire protection if it is not necessary for the stability of the building.
We know that this is not the case of buildings constructed with the tilt-up
system.
As the fire protection is always a very expensive treatment, probably we will
have some problems for approving this kind of constructions.
I would like to know how the problem is treated in other countries, specially
in the USA, where the system is very common.

Thank you

Engenheiro Civil Vitor Faustino Pereira
ESTRUTURAL Projetos e Consultoria de Estruturas S/C Ltda.
Rua Souza Naves 282, sala 402 - CEP 86010-170 - Londrina - PR
Tel/FAX: 043-3225400
e-mail: vitor(--nospam--at)estrutural.eng.br
site: www.estrutural.eng.br