Re: Fire protection - Tilt-up buildings

Uh, excuse me for asking, but what supports the top of the wall?  I am not
familiar with construction or building codes in Brazil, but unless the wall is
designed as a cantilever, it needs the roof structure to brace it.  I am not
trying to be sarcastic or disrespectful, I just found the comment to be in
striking contrast to designs I have been involved with or reviewed in the U.S.
And I am in no means an expert in this type of construction, but I know that all
tilt-up buildings that I've designed (they have all been warehouses, if that is
of interest)  have been fire-proofed by a water-sprinkler system.  By the way, I
loved Teresopolis when I was there a few years ago.  My only regret is I couldn't
see the "Finger of God" due to some fog.
Mark Nowmos