Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Min. Reinforcement in Pedestals[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <SEAINT(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG>
- Subject: Min. Reinforcement in Pedestals
- From: "Karimzadegan" <struc2(--nospam--at)pidec.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:55:42 +0330
I have a question regarding the Min. reinforcement which we shall use for the large pedestals. The question is the for the pedestals under a large equipments (e.g. 6~7m in Dia. ) we need to construct a pedestal to reach to the required elevation ( e.g. from -1.000m below ground to 0.300 above ground with 6m dia. pedestal ). It seems that application of about 1% or even 0.5% reinforcement is very large and unnecessary and in these cases the pedestal action is more close to a foundation ( for which the main reinforcements shall be top and bot. bars instead of vertical bars ) instead of column action. If anyone have any useful suggestion in this regard, please let me know.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Min. Reinf. in large pedestals
- Next by Subject: Re: Min. Reinforcement in Pedestals
- Previous by thread: Ray Pugliesi/Degenkolb is out of the office.
- Next by thread: Re: Min. Reinforcement in Pedestals