Re: (3) unit Cinch Anchors

Drew,

I have seen older, generic spec's for cinch anchors refer to specific wedge
anchors in the acceptable products section of the specification.  Without
knowing who manufacturered the anchors, or if they were installed with
special inspection, it is hard to guess what the capacity would be.  Maybe
check all of the uninspected ICBO values for the manufacturers available.

Howard Silverman, PE
Covert Operations, Inc.
www.covertoperationsinc.com

<< I'm doing work on some existing steel beams.  They are connected to
concrete

by means of several "3/4" dia. (3) unit Cinch Anchors."  I have no values or

information on this type of system.  I've searched the web and haven't been

able to locate any old ICBO reports or product data.  Does anyone have some

literature or a good website I could check?

Drew >>