Re: LONGITUDINAL SPLIT IN HOLLOW CORE.

Hasan,

My response to ur queries, item wise as under:

-  no, the cracks are basically under the cores
   perse & do not really extend to top surface.

-  no, the donot occur in all the panels; so far
   no basic pattern as such.

-  the widths of the panels as you mentioned are
   indeed 1200 mm.

-  this I have to check really, can't tell
   off-hand; but the thickness of HCS is 200/250
   & the shell/flange thickness is around 30-35
   mm, in general or little more.

-  there is no mesh on top; its plain unreinforced.
   we have strands at bottom only.

-  yes, the HCS is pretensioned prestressed
   precast element. And, if you are familiar with
   Saudi Arabian Precast companies, its the product
   of Qanbar-Dywidag Precast Company.

I hope I ahve responded to your satisfaction.

Regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD