ASCE Float in Tournament of Roses Parade

Tune in January 1 to witness an inspiring day in ASCE history.  Spearheaded
by the Los Angeles Section to celebrate the Society's 150th anniversary,
ASCE will host the fifth float in the 2002 Tournament of Roses Parade, held
in Pasadena, California.  To me (yes, I admit a bias) the float looks like a
tribute to the glory of structural engineering.  To another civil engineer,
Osama bin Laden, it probably looks like a wonderful collection of potential
future terrorist targets.

The parade will air uninterrupted on Home and Garden Television (cable),
starting at 8 a.m. PST.  It will also air with (frequent) commercials on
NBC, ABC, and CBS.

Stan Caldwell in Dallas