RE: General Purpose Strutural Software

My favorite is RISA.  3-D, quick to learn, easy input, and they are coming out with surface loads soon...
-----Original Message-----
From: mark francois [mailto:marfra(--nospam--at)opus.co.tt]
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 7:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: General Purpose Strutural Software

I know we have discussed this before but programs kepp developing. I am looking to purchase new general purpose software.At present we use ETAB7 for buildings and STAADpro2000 as the general purpose software. While STAADpro has its problems once you understand engineering and the problems of the program you can use it effectively. Can anyone give their views on STAADpro2001/2 versus SAP2000, Robot Millenium, RISA etc.

Mark Francois