RE: AISC Eccentric Bolted Connection Tables

Heath,

Thanks for your very informative reply.

You said:

<>

It seems like more bolts would mean more deformation in the bolts at the top
and bottom of the connection and therefore may do more harm than good.  Do
you agree?

Even if the elastic method is used, rotation will take place and it seems
like I would want to ensure that deformation of the plates could take place
by keeping them less than half the bolt diameter plus 1/16".  For my
situation it seems like I would want to use larger bolts, and thicker plates
before I would go to a tee or double angle connection.

Thanks,
Mark Johnson