Re: Shear Tabs Connections with slotted holes

AISC's Volume II - Connections for the 9th Edition ASD/1st Edition LRFD has
some additional tables in Appendix C for single plate shear connections.
The tables are broken down by design method (ASD or LRFD), support condition
(Rigid or Flexible) and hole type (Standard or Short-Slotted).

A quick glance at the table for ASD, Rigid Support, Short-Slotted Holes,
shows higher values than those shown in Table X in the 9th Edition.  (The
capacities appear to be roughly 50% higher than the corresponding values in
Table X, per mental math).

A note at the beginning of Appendix C says that the values are based on work
done by Astaneh in 1989.

John Goodman
Rochester, NY