Wood Shearwall Deflection Calcs

Question,

I am writing a spreadsheet to calculate drift for a wood shearwall. I have a
question regarding the Tie-Down Elongation for premanufactured hardware. The
Seismic Design Manual Volume ii, page 47, footnote 3 explains how to
calculate it. The question I have is regarding straps. My Simpson catalog
doesn't give the elongation value for straps, only for obvious hold-downs
like HD's & PHD's. Yet the example in the SDM shows values for .05 and .03
for walls 3 & 5 in the table respectively.

How are they getting that value? Are the just doing Delta = PL/AE or is it
something else.?

thanks,
-gerard

Gerard Madden, PE
Design Group Manager

Duquette Engineering
10 South Third Street
San Jose, CA 95113
T: 408.494.0944 - ext 102
F: 408.494.0940
E: gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com
w: www.duquette-eng.com