seismic restraint at mechanical units

I am pushing a deadline on an architectural project in a zone 3, and still have to CMA for seismic restraint on some suspended mechanical units, ductwork, and piping.  No problem calculating loads required, but need some details or I would like to write a performance spec. for the mechanical engineer to include in his specs.  Something along the lines of submitting shop drawings with engineering stamp for seismic restraint per UBC 97 etc. etc.  I’m assuming that manufacturers and tradesman may have preferred methods or systems that work the best for them.

Can any of you help me out on this one?  It would truly be appreciated, and you can respond directly to me if you wish.

Thanks,

Joseph R. Grill, PE