Re: Wood Shearwall Deflection Calcs

I also have a question:  How is shear wall deflection affected if the
contractor fails to nail the plywood sheathing to a hold-down stud?

Yes, you're right, this is a cynical question, but it is based on my
experience (corrected, of course).  What bothers me are the situations where
I may not have caught such errors or where the owner chose to avoid the
"unnecessary" expense of engineering observation visits during construction.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA