Re: Ethic's Question

I agree with Paul's comments and disagree with most of the others.
You didn't say what is missing or deficient in the architect's design.
In Calif. architects and Civil Engineers can design any 1-3 story
buildings.
The architect's design may be compliant if assumptions other than yours
were made. For example tributary width may be different, etc.
I think you should ease up on this. It doesn't sound like something to
make a career change over. Save your revolt for something more
significant.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Civil Engineer
Laguna Beach, CA      PE for 40 yrs.