Re: Ethic's Question

Well here goes.
The Architect "sealed" the plans and specifications.
The structural design was done under the "sealed" authority and
direction.
You noted your concerns to your supervisor.
(Did you show the specific written section and variance with the code
and ask your supervisor for a clarification or reasoning or please
explain to you why your supervisor changed your design?)
Within the "sealer's" authority, your supervisor has asked you to
provide an on-site observation to ensure of compliance with
the "sealer's" direction.
You should verify that.
Comply with the supervisor's and the "sealer's" direction.
Note in your memory this experience pondering it for future reference
when you are the "supervisor" and the "sealer".
The choice is yours.
The above is my opinion for the value of the cost to you.

Pax e Gratia
Robert P. "Bob" Ross, P.E.
Civil-Structural Engineer
Washington Group International,Inc.