Re: Ethic's Question

Something else to remember. The shearwall loads really are distributed
according to relative rigidity, not tributary area. (Which is why the
occasional contractor lapse is not as bad as you might think--the some of
the load will transfer to a stiffer wall.) A more careful analysis (rigid
diaphragm) often shows that the structure is just fine.
Before I made a big stink, I'd want to be sure the analysis was accurate.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.