Re: Live Load Reduction

Mitchell and Mark,

	I respectfully submit to you that 100 p.s.f live loading is much to low
for museum loading!  I've only ever designed one museum and that,
admittedly, was a very major museum (designed for 11 stories, although
not all of them were built, and taking up a third of the block).
Never-the-less we used a design live load of 250 p.s.f.

	I would strongly recommend that you review your live load requirement.
You may even want to get written conformation from your client regarding
the adequacy of the final live load chosen.

	Perhaps others on the list may also wish to comment on the proposed

				H. Daryl Richardson