From: Daryl Richardson [mailto:h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 1:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Live Load Reduction

Mitchell and Mark,

	I respectfully submit to you that 100 p.s.f live loading is much
to low
for museum loading!  I've only ever designed one museum and that,
admittedly, was a very major museum (designed for 11 stories, although
not all of them were built, and taking up a third of the block).
Never-the-less we used a design live load of 250 p.s.f.

	I would strongly recommend that you review your live load
requirement.
You may even want to get written conformation from your client regarding
the adequacy of the final live load chosen.

	Perhaps others on the list may also wish to comment on the
proposed

				H. Daryl Richardson

Mitchell J. Sklar wrote:

> I need some options on the following interpretations:
>
> BOCA 1996 1606.7.2.2 & 1606.7.2.3
>
> I am designing a museum, Use Group A-3, with a parking garage below.
>
> Option A would be to use 100psf. live load.
>
> According to section 1606.7.2.2, Is the live load reduction not
applicable
> at all or not applicable for parking garages, one way slabs and roofs?
Can I