From: "M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Design Loads for Residence
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:44:29 -0500

I need a little help from those doing residential structures.

A friend of mine is building a single story frame house.  Unfortunately,
the site has poor soils conditions and he is going to have to use a pile
foundation.  I told him I would do the foundation design for him.

What I need to know are what kind of design loads (gravity)are typically
used for single-story residences including roof DL, wall DL, floor LL, etc.
 I'm trying to avoid being overly conservative in my design.

Roof will be timber trusses with fiberglass shingles.  Exterior walls are
2x6 with vinyl or wood siding.  Interior walls are 2x4 with sheetrock.

TIA,

M. David Finley, P.E.
Lake City, FL  32025

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE