A 36 steel vs A992

List,
I would like to get some opinions on the A36 and A992 issue in seismic zone
4 from some of the steel folks. The fabricators are in general are providing
the A992 when notes indicate A36 steel for all but most channels and angles.
My question is in regard to strength calculations for bracing. The yield for
A992 vs. A36 can have dramatic effects in connection design. Are you day to
day steel folks using A992 yield for strength calculations? Seems like one
would need to be tight with the fabricators at front end to see what is
being provided.
Thanks in advance,
Bob Hanson, SE
Carson, Calif.